Talcott Notch Literary is accepting resumes for a part-time (20 hrs/week, 9am-1pm M-F) Agent Assistant position. This is an in-office position in Milford, Ct to start 6/1/2021.
• Corresponding with authors/editors/other agents, reading manuscripts and writing editorial critiques. • Reading submissions and researching potential clients.
• Maintaining paper and electronic files, maintaining various databases, spreadsheets and calendars.
• Creating and scheduling daily posts for literary agency’s social media platforms, creating and updating one-sheets.
• Tracking, scanning, and uploading royalty statements and contracts and entering relevant information into database(s).
• Receiving and distributing office mail, mailing checks, sending packages, and filing paper contracts.
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least 6 months of office experience; preferred minimum 1 years’ publishing experience.
• Excellent communication abilities and interpersonal skills.
• Strong spelling and grammatical skills.
• Exhibit strong organizational and analytical skills, and be a self-starter. This position requires an assistant who is very independent, trustworthy, and reliable.
• Strong technical skills: Daily use of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word and Outlook. Development of Google docs and spreadsheets for agency members.
Salary $15.00/hr to start, with periodic reviews and raises.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to GPanettieri@talcottnotch.net